United, Delta, and American Airlines flight attendants reveal their favorite plane to fly on
- Seven flight attendants told Business Insider what their favorite plane is and why.
- They work for airlines including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines.
- Airbus received four responses, followed by Boeing with two.
- Sign up for Business Insider’s transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Flight attendants develop a more comprehensive and detailed knowledge of aircraft models than the average passenger due to their training and the amount of time they spend flying.
Seven flight attendants told Business Insider what their favorite plane is and why. They work for airlines including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. (Six of them asked for anonymity due to a fear of reprisal from their employer.)
Here’s what the flight attendants said.
“I love my Airbus 321 because it’s the biggest, you have the most room,” a Spirit Airlines flight attendant said. “You have the most passengers to deal with and the more passengers you have to deal with, usually the quicker the flight goes by. And then you also have the most crew members, so you have more people to talk to, more interactions, and that just makes it more fun for me personally.”
A Delta Air Lines flight attendant said her favorite plane is the Airbus 319 because it’s small — which means there are fewer passengers to serve — and has been refurbished by Delta in recent years with amenities like TVs and power outlets.
Boeing 787 Dreamliner
“It’s a beautiful airplane and it’s really nice to work because there’s two aisles, the galleys are big enough, and you have everything you need,” a United Airlines flight attendant said.
A Delta Air Lines flight attendant said the Airbus A320 looks nice, has a good amount of interior space, has newer technology, and is easy for passengers to board and exit.
“It’s just clean and new and you have more space to work, more galley space to get things ready to go,” an Envoy Air flight attendant said of the Embraer 175, which is her favorite plane she’s worked on.
The Envoy Air flight attendant said the Airbus 330 is her favorite plane she’s flown on as a passenger.
“I loved how big it was and how much space [the flight attendants] had to do everything they needed to do,” she said.
“It’s a smaller group of people, only 70 passengers, and so it’s a lot easier to get to know people” said Sally Ann MacLagan, a flight attendant for Mesa Airlines. “And that’s when I have the experiences that are the most meaningful because I’m able to spend more time with people one-on-one.”
“It’s our widebody aircraft and she’s big and beautiful,” an American Airlines flight attendant said. “The crew bunks are very comfortable as well.”
- Read more:
- Delta flight attendants say their uniforms are making them lose their hair, break out in hives, and cough uncontrollably
- 6 things flight attendants want to say to you but can’t
- Flight attendants reveal 10 things they notice on planes that you probably miss
- 10 flight attendants reveal the most disappointing part of their job