How to factory reset your Oculus Go using your headset or the app
- You should reset your Oculus Go if you plan on selling it or trading it in.
- A factory reset of your Oculus Go will ensure that all of your data is removed from the device.
- Resetting an Oculus Go can also fix any glitches plaguing the device.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
You can revert your Oculus Go to its original settings in about 30 seconds, wiping clean every bit of data and removing your account from the headset once and for all. But why would you want to factory reset your Oculus Go?
Well, for starters, if you’re selling, giving away, or trading in your Oculus Go you don’t want the new owner to have access to your data.
On the other hand, if you’re keeping your headset, but it’s not working properly, a factory reset can restore it back to its proper function.
If you want to use a different account with your Oculus Go, a factory reset is also a necessary first step.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to reset your Oculus Go using your headset
1. Hold down the power and volume down buttons simultaneously on your headset until the boot up screen appears.
2. Use the volume buttons to navigate to the “Factory Reset” option on the menu, then select it by pressing the power button.
3. Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Yes” and then select it using the power button.
How to reset your Oculus Go using the app
2. Tap the headset that’s connected to your app.
3. Tap the “More Settings” option.
4. Tap “Factory Reset” and then “Reset” to confirm.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
SEE ALSO: The best VR headsets you can buy