How to make Instagram highlight covers for the Stories Highlights on your profile page
- You can make Instagram highlight covers to change the thumbnail image of your Stories Highlights.
- After you post Instagram Stories, they will be saved in a private Stories Archive in your account. You can then choose to add Stories Highlights to your profile page to publicly show a selection of your favorite stories.
- To change the highlight cover, tap the highlight you want to edit under your profile bio.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It’s possible to post highlights of your Instagram Stories to preserve a selection of your stories, which usually disappear after 24 hours.
After you post Instagram Stories, they will be saved in a private Stories Archive in your account. You can these choose if you want to add any to your highlights, which will appear publicly on your profile page.
Each highlight has a cover photo, and the default option is the first photo or video within that highlight. But it’s easy to change the highlight cover to another image so it looks exactly the way you want on your profile.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to make Instagram highlight covers
2. Tap the profile icon on the far right of the bottom menu.
3. Find your highlights under your profile bio and select the one you want to edit the cover of.
4. In the bottom right-hand corner, tap the three horizontal dots above the word “More” — this will access the highlights menu.
5. Select Edit Highlight from the pop-up menu.
6. Under Edit Highlight, tap Edit Cover.
7. Toggle through your highlights to find the photo you want to use as the cover. If the photo you want to use as the highlight’s cover is not already in your highlights, you must add it.
8. Resize it to your liking.
9. Tap Done in the upper right-hand corner, and once more to save your changes.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech: