How to log out of Facebook Messenger on your iPad, which you can only do through the main Facebook app
- To log out of Messenger on your iPad, you’ll need to go through the Facebook app — not the Messenger app.
- If you’re messaging someone on Facebook on your iPad, you’ll have to use the separate Messenger app. But, for some reason, you can only log out of Messenger through the main Facebook app.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Facebook app on your iPad gives you access to most of the features you’d enjoy when using the social media platform on a computer: viewing friends’ posts and pictures, adding your own photos and videos, updating your status, and more.
But you can’t simply log out of Messenger using the Messenger app — for that, you need to go back into the main Facebook app and follow these steps.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to log out of Messenger on your iPad
1. From the home page of the Facebook app on your iPad, tap the three parallel lines at the bottom right corner of the page.
2. Scroll down and then tap the “Settings & Privacy” tab.
3. Tap “Settings” from the new dropdown menu.
4. Tap “Security and Login” under the “Security” section on the next page.
5. Beside “Where you’re logged in,” tap the words “See More.”
6. Identify the iPad on which the Messenger app is active (look for the word “Messenger”) and tap the three vertical dots.
7. Tap the “Log Out” button that appears.
Now head back to the Messenger app, and you should be prompted to log in, proving that you successfully logged out.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
SEE ALSO: The best iPads you can buy