How to change your username on TikTok in a few simple steps
- You can easily change your username on TikTok by going through your account settings.
- Before you get started, you should also know that you can only change your TikTok username once every 30 days, and it needs to be unique — if someone else is using the name you want, you can’t take it.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It’s not uncommon to pick a username when you make an account and later come to dislike that name. This can be especially true on TikTok, where your username is plastered on every video you make.
Regardless, you can always go in and change your username on TikTok through your account settings. The process is extremely easy and takes just a few taps to complete.
Just be aware that you can only change your TikTok username once every 30 days, and it has to be unique — two users can’t share a username.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change username on TikTok
1. Open the TikTok app and log into your account, if necessary.
2. In the main menu, select “Me” — located in the far-right corner of the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap “Edit profile.”
4. Select “Username.”
5. Delete your old username and enter a new one.
6. Tap “Save.”
If the username you select isn’t available, you’ll get a notification to that effect at the top of the “Edit profile” page after hitting the “Save” button. You’ll have to go back into the “Username” section to try again.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech: