How to add bookmarks in Google Chrome on desktop or mobile
- You can add bookmarks in Google Chrome on your desktop by clicking the star icon in the address bar at the top of your browser window.
- To bookmark a page in Chrome on your mobile device, use the “Share” button in your address bar.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Saving commonly used web pages as bookmarks is a convenient way to keep your browser organized and simplify visiting your favorite websites on the internet.
With Google Chrome, you can do this with just a click on your desktop or a couple of taps on your smartphone.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add bookmarks in Google Chrome on desktop
2. Click the star on the right edge of the address bar. A bookmark will be automatically created.
3. A pop-up box will appear where you can customize the bookmark. You can rename the bookmark (website URLs are often quite long, so it can be helpful to shorten the name for readability) and choose which bookmark folder in which to store it. If you want to create a new bookmarks folder, click “More…”
How to add bookmarks in Google Chrome on mobile
2. Tap the “Share” button on the right edge of the address bar.
3. Tap “Bookmark.” A bookmark is automatically created and saved to your “Mobile bookmarks” folder.
Finding bookmarks on your phone isn’t quite as straightforward as on the desktop, but once you know where they’re located, it’s simple to open saved web pages:
1. Open Google Chrome and tap the three dots in the lower-right corner of your screen to open a menu.
2. Tap “Bookmarks.”
3. On the Bookmarks screen, you can open any bookmarks folder and tap a bookmark to go to that page.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy