11 Years Later…
On this day eleven years I published my first blog post here on Free Technology for Teachers. I had a little bit of an idea of what I wanted to do and no idea that eleven years and nearly 14,000 posts later I would still be doing it. Some of you have been with me for almost all of last eleven years, thank you!
I think that now is as good a time as any to reflect on what’s happened in the eleven years since I hit publish on the first post here.
- 11 years ago everyone was talking about wikis. One of Common Craft’s earliest videos explained wikis in plain English. Today, the biggest classroom wiki services no longer exist and I haven’t had anyone ask me about wikis in a couple of years.
- 11 years ago netbooks were the low cost way to get more computers into classrooms. The first iPads were more than two years away and the first Chromebooks were almost four years away.
- 11 years ago I checked my email on my laptop and took pictures with a camera that couldn’t make phone calls or send texts. You probably did the same.
- 11 years ago I bookmarked websites by using Delicious on Firefox. Chrome was still a couple years away.
- Google Docs morphed into Google Drive into Google Apps for Education into G Suite for Education.
This post originally appeared on Free Technology for Teachers
if you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission.
- Backchannels, Sounds, and Thanksgiving – The Week in Review
- Need Blog Post Ideas? Edublogs Has You Covered
- How to Create Custom Greeting Cards on Storyboard That